Frequently Asked Questions

1) What can I do about the cost of a transcript?

Our team of professional, certified transcriptionists and proofreaders work together to produce your transcript quickly and accurately. The process of moving the spoken word to text is an expensive endeavor because it involves several professionals working together. There are, however, a few ways for you to lower the cost of your transcript. First, you may ask for a longer turnaround time. The more time you allow AVTranz to complete your order, the lower your cost per page of transcript. Another option is to request only the portions of the transcript you need, instead of ordering the entire transcript. You can do this by providing the information we need in the Designation of the Record option on the request form. Designations must be complete portions of the hearing such as opening statements or "the testimony of Dr. Smith". AVTranz cannot certify excerpts of a recording as an accurate record. The help icon next to the "Designation of the Record" option provides more information. Or, feel free to contact us and we will help you with what we can and cannot use as a designation.

2) What if I find a mistake in my transcript?

AVTranz takes every step to ensure we provide the most accurate transcript possible. However, there may be times when an inaccuracy occurs. If you believe this has happened, please feel free to contact AVTranz and we will be happy to address your concern. Contact us via phone or email and let us know what you believe the error is and we will go back to the audio to confirm. If our review of the audio reveals that an inaccuracy has indeed occurred, then we will adjust the transcript accordingly and provide you and the Court with the updated transcript. If the audio confirms the current version of the transcript, we will let you know that as well.

3) I already have audio of the hearing. Can I get a transcript from my audio?

As the authorized transcription service for the state of New Hampshire, we are obligated to use the audio recorded by the Court and provided to AVTranz directly by the Court. Only transcripts typed from the official Court audio are certified as an official record of the Court.

4) I have a hearing scheduled next week and I already know I will need the transcript immediately. Can I go ahead and order my transcript now?

Yes. Let us know when your hearing is taking place and we will contact the Court to send us your audio. If you have "On Account" status with AVTranz, we will begin the transcription process as soon as we receive the audio. The deposit will be automatically charged to your account and your completed transcript will be available the next day. If you do not have an account with us, you may want to create one (see question 5). If you are not on account, work on a transcript will not commence until a deposit is received. If you do not have a credit card on file with us, we will need to get one from you before any work will begin on your order.

5) How do I attain "On Account" status?

AVTranz may extend credit to law firms and clients that do regular business with us. Contact us at 1-(800) 257-0885 to request a credit application.

6) How am I going to get my transcript?

Once AVTranz completes your transcript and receives payment in full, your transcript will become available for download in PDF format. You will receive an email notification as soon as your transcript is ready for download.

In order to open your transcript in PDF format, you will need Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download it for free at

7) I am appealing my case from the Circuit Courts to the Superior Court. Do I need my appeal number?

No. You only need your appeal number if you are requesting a transcript for an appeal to the New Hampshire SUPREME COURT. You do not need your appeal number if you are requesting a transcript for an appeal from the Circuit Courts (Family Division, Probate Division, and District Courts) to the Superior Court. For more information on appeals to the New Hampshire Supreme Court visit their FAQ page here <>.